Digital Business Platforms: Google My Business
In today’s world, where everyone is fixated on social media platforms, one of the two most important marketing tools for all types of businesses – including pubs, restaurants, hotels and other hospitality venues – is not Facebook or Instagram. It’s Google My Business.
When potential customers are looking for a place to go – right now or tomorrow – the first place they check is not Facebook. It’s Google Maps and Search. Even the smallest Bangkok venue generates, on average, 30,000 search hits a month between Google Maps and Search.
If you’re not maximizing your presence on Google, you’re missing out on new customers and essentially giving them to your competitors who are.
We at FinTech have good experience of optimizing this key digital platform, adding all the data your venue needs for it to be found and the features Google requires for SEO. Best of all, once setup is complete, maintenance of your listings is extremely affordable and at least half the cost of maintaining social media.
Google My Business
While you’ve likely seen or even claimed your Google Business Listing, your presence on the search engine is far greater than you probably realize. The Google My Business dashboard is the place where you control the look and content of not only your Search business listing, but your entry and location on Maps and more.
Properly optimizing your Google Business Listing will enable customers to find you even if they don’t know your venue’s name. They can search by menu item, hotel amenity, cuisine or price range. They can even book a table reservation or room right from Google.
But Google Business listings are also subject to the same SEO rules that have confounded website owners for decades. And, increasingly, Google is favoring its own products in its SEO algorithms, so if you’ve not optimized and maximized your Google My Business listing, you’re SEO ranking will be penalized not only on Maps, but for even your own website or social media.
FinTech has close ties to Google and uses Google-certified photographers and reviewers to maximize your listing and ensure it has all the features and SEO-loving data it needs. Best of all, after setup, maintenance of your Google listing is extremely affordable – half the price or less of maintaining social media.
Setup of your Google My Business listing includes:
- Claiming and verification of your business, even if your business doesn’t have a landline telephone number.
- Correction of Maps location (if needed) and optimization of all listing data and descriptions.
- Branding, logos & cover images.
- Upload and categorization of photos, videos and menus.
- Creation of 360-degree “virtual tour”.
- Creation and optimization of Google Business landing page.
- Integration of table and room reservation services (separate subscription required).
- Creation of initial offers, events and announcement posts.
- Registration of additional team members (venue manager, owner, etc.)
Maintenance of your Google My Business listing includes:
- Regular upload and categorization of new photos and videos.
- Weekly publication of announcement and event posts.
- Regular publication of special offers.
- Update of Google Business Landing page.
- Monthly analytics reports.
Review responses are not included and normally are the responsibility of the venue’s owner or manager. If you wish for FinTech to respond to reviews, please contact us.
Google My Business has a one-time setup fee of 10,000 baht.
Maintenance is 2,500 baht per month with a one-month deposit required.
You may also like to view this nice post from Helen at InnovationVisual: